- Students must arrive to class on time
- Parents/guardians must notify the school if a child is ill or not attending class
- Parents/guardians must drop off and pick up their children at the school. Please park in the school parking lot or on the designated side of the street. Do not block the neighbours’ driveway. Students must wait in the school building and not in the parking lot. Students are not allowed to cross the street on their own.
- Students must arrive in proper dance attire; long hair in a bun, short hair groomed neatly.
- Street shoes and boots are not permitted in the dance studios.
- Food and beverages (except water), including chewing gum, are not permitted in the dance studios.
- Parents are not allowed to observe class at this time
- Photography and video recordings are not permitted during classes and rehearsals, unless authorized by HCB.
- There is no smoking in the building
New students will be assessed by the artistic directors and teachers for proper class level placement either prior to classes or during the first lesson.
Pointe work begins for students who are technically ready and only by the recommendation of the teacher and artistic directors. Students must be registered in at least two (2) classes per week to begin pointe work. Recommended age to start pointe work at HCB is 11/12 years old.
- There are no credits or refunds for missed classes.
- For missed classes due to illness, vacation, or statutory holidays, arrangements must be made to take replacement classes before the end of each session.
- If a student wishes to withdraw from classes prior to December 11, 2023, the parent or guardian is required to give one month’s notice in writing or the month’s payment will be retained. There are NO refunds after December 21, 2023.
- In the event of poor weather conditions, please check your email, Hamilton City Ballet’s Facebook page, or call the school regarding closures: 289-238-9855